Shutterstock, the leading global provider of stock images and footage by subscription, is investing aggressively in search technology with a series of innovations in the first half of 2010. Offering more than 11 million images and 180,000 footage clips, with search supported in 10 languages, Shutterstock helps busy professionals quickly find the right royalty-free content for any project.
Shutterstock’s recent search enhancements include:
- Saved Search and Search Alerts, features that empower image buyers to track topics of interest easily and automatically. Customers can receive free e-mail notifications when new images match a saved search.
- People Search, which identifies images based on the number of people in a photograph, as well as their gender, age, and ethnicity.
- An improved Similar Images Search, which recommends other images based on qualities such as keywords, image colors and models.
- A Real-Time Search engine, which indexes new images within seconds, rather than hours. Image and footage buyers will see fresh content faster, including up-to-the-minute editorial images.
Additionally, Shutterstock continues to refine its proprietary “Most Popular” results algorithm, which weighs keyword relevance, image download frequency, and other customer behavior. The search engine produces more accurate results than competing stock sites, and is especially precise with searches involving multiple words.
Search improvements benefit artists as well. Shutterstock crowdsources the talents of photographers, illustrators and videographers around the world who earn money when customers download their content. Real-Time Search means approved images and footage will appear on Shutterstock faster, and a “Newest First” search results page will always display fresher and more varied content.
“We pride ourselves on innovation and attention to the needs of image and footage buyers,” said Jon Oringer, founder and CEO of Shutterstock. “Building the stock image industry’s best search engine shows our commitment to our customers and confirms our leadership position among providers of visual content.”
The best photos for Instagram are not stocky. They should be modern yet natural. Most of all, they should be authentic. Now, there are a number of stock images in the market. Many stock photo agencies offer them at varying rates and quality. But, finding the best images can be a challenge – especially if you don’t know where to look. To help you save some time, here are some of the best stock photo websites to download stock photos for your Instagram.
- A Berlin-based stock photo agency, Photocase offers perfect images for the social media site. They started as a photography sharing community over a decade ago, which is the same time when Instagram flourished. This is what makes their collection a perfect fit for the social media website.
Although the stock photo site’s library is small compared to other stock agencies, they have a tight curation process. Only high quality, unique and authentic images can be found in their gallery. Plenty of artsy, natural and modern photos, which are perfect for your Instagram account, are available in the stock site.
- Stock Photo Secrets. A stock photo agency for small and medium businesses, SPS can cover all your image needs at budget friendly rates. They have over 100 million high resolution images in their library, which includes photos for Instagram and other social media channels. With a variety of images, you have plenty of modern and authentic image choices.
The stock photo site offers images at super affordable prices, with varying purchasing options to suit every budget. You can choose between image packs and subscription plans to download the images you need, regardless of size. Yes, you can get up to XXL images at no additional cost. If you want to make it big without breaking the bank, you should buy images from SPS.
Which is the best stock photo agency for you? If you are looking for images that appeal to Europeans, go to Photocase. Their collection is the perfect visual representation of modern and vibrant style. On the other hand, Stock Photo Secrets is the perfect image source if you are on a tight budget. You can get stock photo for Instagram from the collection without compromising quality and variety.
Why should you use stock photos for your Instagram account?
Stock images are brilliant for Instagram because they can be very eye-catching. But, that depends on where you get them from. If you can’t produce high quality images due to skills and budget limitations, you can always utilize a platform such as Photocase and Stock Photo Secrets. Thanks to the generous community of photographers and artists around the world, there’s a huge amount of content available for you to choose, download and use.
If you are posting several times a day, every day, you need a lot of content and a lot of time as well. Thanks to stock images, you can edit and schedule content more efficiently.
What are you waiting for? Plan you Instagram content, get the stock photos that suit your theme and style, and start building your profile.
Are you looking for videos that will power up your creative projects? Getty Images specializes in that type of footage. They have the most commanding footages at the most flexible purchase options. There are also custom solutions for your every need. You can use the search bar to find the Getty Images footage you need or search by categories. May it be 4K videos or Editorial, the stock site has it all for you.
If you are looking for premium stock videos, Getty Images is the stock site for you. You can find contemporary and archival HD and 4K footage to enhance your creative projects. The stock has roughly 2 million creative footages in its library. You can filter and sort them according to your preference to help you find what you are looking quickly and easily.
Are you looking for Editorial videos? You can find current and archival clips of events, newsmakers and celebrities at Adobe Stock’s collection, too. There are 0ver 900,000 editorial videos waiting to be discovered in the stock site. You can sort by best match, newest, most popular and even oldest.
You can also browse Editorial events, including the latest news, entertainment and archival events from around the world. Roughly 30,000 clips are available in the library from both the past and the present. You can use the categories to find what you are looking for. You can choose among fashion, news, entertainment, archival and features.
You can also browse through featured collections from popular media partners such as BBC Motion, NHK Video, Bloomberg and National Geographic.
With Adobe Stock, you can search for the most powerful footages easily and quickly. You can browse through categories or visit the “Video” menu to navigate through 4K videos, editorial footages and featured collections. The stock site’s merge with Corbis Motion has created a more diverse and comprehensive library for you to explore.
The image search is an important aspect of finding the perfect photos for your creative project. Thus, stock photo agencies are doing their best to develop their search options. Keyword searches and search buttons are the most common search tools. They allow you to find what you are looking for. On the other hand, Alamy offers more advanced ways to help you find the perfect Alamy stock photos. It will take your search to the next level.
- Search by photographer name. Alamy offers you a new way to find the perfect stock images for your creative projects. Aside from searching for keywords, the stock photo website also allows you to search per photographer’s name. This is a great tool if you have bought a similar image before that you like or you know a photographer whose works you love.
There are two to see the images created by a certain photographer: advanced search tool and photographer’s name. The advanced image search tool is found at the of the search results page. To search by name, click on the photographer’s name on an image page. Both will direct you to see the full stock photo collection of a specific stock photographer.
- Use the “More” button. The “More” button allows you to see all aspects of the photoshoot. What does this mean? By clicking this button, you will be able to find similar images with the same styling, production or even models. It allows you to see other Alamy stock photos on a different angle or setting. You can find the “More” button on the image page and the search results page.
- Explore image categories. Like other stock photo agencies, Alamy also allows you to search for the perfect stock photos using categories. This is particularly helpful if you do not know where to start in finding the perfect image for your project. You can make use of the image categories to find inspiration. You will find over 50 image categories, including travel, lifestyle and news. Each category is handpicked by the stock site’s expert researchers.
These advanced tips can help you find what you are looking for. You will be able to complete your digital marketing more easily and quickly. In addition to the traditional ways of image search, they are pretty helpful. You can also get in touch with stock photo website’s team to help you find the right image. With an easy to navigate website, you will surely find the image search fun and interesting with Alamy.
Are you looking for more effective ways of finding the perfect Alamy stock photos for your creative projects? You are on the right page. Get the stock photos you need easy and fast with these advanced tips.